Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Busy Week!

Hello everyone!
As some of you probably know from my Instagram (@chronically.amazing), I went to Sibley Heart Center Cardiology on Monday for a second opinion on my POTS. Well, the staff checked orthostatic pressures incorrectly, so that wasn't a good start. Then, the doc came in & told me I didn't have POTS, but plain dysautonomia... That is impossible since there is no such thing as "plain dysautonomia". You have to have a type of dysautonomia such as POTS. So I'm kinda back where I started with all this. "Drink more water and exercise & these symptoms will go away". Doctors say that but I know too many people who's symptoms only worsen, just as mine are doing. It seems like I am going to have to travel outside the state of Georgia to find a decent POTS doctor that will actually do something, anything to help me. I need answers. 


Today, I am having a slightly better day. I am spending the day with my mom doing some shopping & relaxing a bit. We stopped by Starbucks, my favorite place! We also went in this shop that has lots of essential oils & herbs, so I am definitely going back to try some things for my migraines. If doctors won't help me, I'll do it myself. I'm going to try the natural, no medication route & see how that goes, so wish me luck!☺️ 


Oh, & I have exciting news: I was chosen as the student counselor for Georgia Academy for the Blind's summer camp!!! This is my second year as a student counselor & my sixth year going to camp. I absolutely love it there because everyone is so nice, & no one gets made fun of. It is truly amazing. Well, I hope everyone has a great day!

FIGHT LIKE A SPOONIE!❤️

xoxo,
Johna



No comments:

Post a Comment